Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sorry...

Sorry about the lack of posts lately. The two big events were Yaoi Jamboree and Anime Expo, and those were already well-covered by other websites. I suppose all this blog is useful for is reviews (and I am just too lazy to do those).

All I can say now is that Yaoi has hit a road block with two of its best publishers not releasing their books (for now, hopefully). I was hoping they would try publishing at least some books for 2008, but it just has not happened yet. I'm losing hope each and every month. The whole CPM/Libre thing has got my knickers in a knot because I don't get to see more volumes of Embracing Love. Also, the Be Beautiful had updated their site at the beginning of the year to say "2008 Catalogue", but nothing yet has been released.

DramaQueen's investor-stalling situation is really unfortunate because their books are just so gosh-darn beautiful. Plus, their licenses are incredible.

To be honest, I am not going to be buying books from other companies just because they're available. Rather, I'm saving my money for when the big time comes and DQ and/or BB have new releases. Just because June is releasing 5+ books a month, doesn't mean the licenses are spectacular.

For all Hinako Takanaga fans who, like me, are desperately waiting for "Tyrant", Blu has picked up two of her newer works for the latter half of '08. Also, 801 is releasing Black Sun from Uki Ogasawara in November, so all is not lost. "The Crimson Spell 2" should come out this Summer from Kitty Media as well. Have faith, Yaoi fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment